Monday 3 December 2012

Filming Equitment infomation

Camera
I am using a Cannon 550d to film my documentary on; this camera has the abilities of what I need it to do. I will be filming on 25fps at 1920x1080p. This will be right settings as I’m doing sport I’ll need more fps and it will flow more. As most of my shoots are in the dark I need to think about my ISO settings on my camera. I don’t want them too high so it has high noise levels, however I don’t want them too low so it’s hard to see. I’m going to use is a 18-200 f3.5-6.3 Sigma lens which will let in a good amount of light with some good quality glass. Another lens I’ll use will be a fixed 50mm at 1.8 which is perfect for interviews and shooting skiing. Having the lens at F1.8 will let in more light so the ISO will not have to be as high which will be for the best. The last lens that I have to use is a fixed 200mm, this is quite impractical it is at F/2.8 so it will be good for lighting with shoots but it’s quite big for the slopes that I’m filming that. However I think I could use it for some good cinematic shots with help form additional lighting.

Sound
When filming my sound it will come from a microphone that I’ve attached to the camera. The microphone I’m using is a ‘Rode video Mic’ this is ideal for what I’ll be filming and the conditions it will be put through. This microphone will be used for filming the skiing and filming the interviews. The only disadvantage to this microphone is that it’s just a little flimsy.

When looking for music for my documentary I need too try finding music that isn’t copyrighted. Here is a list of websites that are royalty free that will be suitable and legal to use on my documentary.

All these websites look reliable and I will have to search through them to find the right songs I need. This music is only needed for one part as the rest will be raw sounds from the filming.

Lighting
A major factor with this shooting at the ski slopes is that Norwich is outside so it’s very dark. When filming it will help to use extra lighting as it will make the filming quality better. I’ll need spot lights and generator to do this. I would have to rent these objects out for a night to do this and use the ski slope out of hours as it will look better with the slope lighting off. I’m also planning on doing some daytime shoots so I will not need the extra lighting and it will be something different then the other shoots.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you know your stuff. Pls just amend your title.

    ReplyDelete